WHO has classified the central nervous tumors into distinct groups. The first classification was published in 1979. The classification has been revised several times and the recent revision was published in 2021 (Louis et al., 2021). Please see references for details.
- Louis et al., 2021. The 2021 WHO Classification of Tumors of the Central Nervous System: a summary. Neuro Oncol. 23(8), 1231-1251. PMID-34185076; Full-Text Links: academic.oup
- Louis et al., 2016. The 2016 World Health Organization Classification of Tumors of the Central Nervous System: a summary. Acta Neuropathol. 131(6), 803-820. PMID-27157931; Full-Text Link: springer
- Louis et al., 2007. The 2007 WHO classification of tumours of the central nervous system. Acta Neuropathol. 114(2), 97-109. PMID-17618441; Full-Text Link: springer , PMC1929165
- Kleihues et al., 2002. The WHO classification of tumors of the nervous system. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 61(3), 215-225. PMID-11895036; Full-Text Link: academic.oup
- Kleihues et al., 1993. The new WHO classification of brain tumours. Brain Pathol. 3(3), 255-268. PMID-8293185; Full-Text Link: onlinelibrary.wiley