|Organism||Canine, Dog (Canis familiaris), 8 years, Female, Strain Golden retriever|
|Source/Tissue||Tumor, Unknown tissue|
|Related cell lines|
Cell line isolation information
The cell line A-72 was established from the tumor taken from the left thigh of 8-year-old female Golden Retriever which had a previous history of mammary adenocarcinoma.
Recommended propagation method
Culture medium: Leibovitz’s L-15 Medium (+2mM Glutamine) + 10% FBS
Culture conditions: Humidified incubator with no CO2 at 37°C. Free gas exchange with atmospheric air necessary.
Split ratio: 1:2 to 1:4 (seeding at 2-5 x 103 cells/cm²)
Split frequency: ?
Harvesting time: Subconfluent culture
Split Method: Trypsin/EDTA
Recommended Cryopreservation Method
Storage temperature: Liquid nitrogen vapor phase
Availability (Where to purchase the Cell Line)
- American Type Culture Collection (ATCC): Catalog No. : CRL-6295TM
- Sigma-Aldrich: Catalog No.: 89050908
- Cell Bank Australia: Code. : 89050908
- Public Health England Culture Collections, Catalogue No.: 89050908
- Cell Line Service (CLS): Artikelnummer: 602398
- Bioresource Collection and Research Center (BCRC): BCRC Number: 60480
- American Type Culture Collection (ATCC)
- Public Health England Culture Collections
- Binn et al., 1980. Establishment of a canine cell line: derivation, characterization, and viral spectrum. Am J Vet Res. 41(6), 855-860. PMID-6254399