Note: The following study has analyzed tumor morphology in Zebrafish Xenograft Model following implantation of MDA MB-231 Tumor Cells. For more details and accuracy, please read the recommended references carefully.
- Lee and coworkers implanted MDA MB-231 Tumor Cells into the perivitelline cavity of 48 h post-fertilized fli1:EGFP zebrafish embryos and studied the tumor morphology. They observed highly diffuse metastatic tumors with most tumor cells away from the primary site after 6 days post-implantation.
- Animal: fli1:EGFP zebrafish
- Cell line: DiI-labeled MDA MB-231 tumor cell line
- DiI: 1,1′-Dioctadecyl-3,3,3′,3′-tetramethylindocarbocyanine perchlorate
- EGFP: Enhanced Green Fluorescent Protein
- fli1:EGFP: Zebrafish expressing EGFP under the fli1 promoter. In these zebrafishes, all blood vessels are labeled with EGFP
Lee et al., 2009. Hypoxia-induced pathological angiogenesis mediates tumor cell dissemination, invasion, and metastasis in a zebrafish tumor model. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 106 (46), 19485-19490. PMID-19887629; Full-Text Links: PNAS, PMC