- Type IIS Restriction enzyme
- Cleaves double-stranded DNA outside of specific recognition site
- Recognizes asymmetric DNA sequences (see fig)
- Cleaves on both sides of recognition sequences, resulting in elimination of recognition site
- Requires both S-Adenosyl methionine and Mg2+ as a cofactor
- DNA Sticky end cutter (cleaves both strands of the DNA at different locations outside recognition site, resulting in sticky overhang end)
- Generates 3’overhang
From New England BioLabs
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.