- Also known as KOD HiFi DNA Polymerase
- High-fidelity thermostable DNA polymerase for error-free polymerase chain reaction.
- Originally isolated from Thermococcus kodakaraensis (originally named Pyrococcus kodakarensis KOD1) (Takagi et al., 1997), recombinant enzyme is expressed and isolated from E. coli.
- Suitable for long template PCR reaction (amplification of upto 6 kb long fragments with high fidelity)
- Better elongation rate (5 times higher) and processivity (10-15 times higher) than pfu enzyme, makes KOD DNA polymerase a better choice for accurate error-free amplification of long DNA templates
- Possess 3′ to 5′ exonuclease activity for proofreading activity
- Produces blunt-end DNA fragments
- Takagi et al., 1997. Characterization of DNA polymerase from Pyrococcus sp. strain KOD1 and its application to PCR. Appl Environ Microbiol. 63(11), 4504-4510. asm (download PDF), PMC168769 (download PDF)
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.