Laminar flow hood (Class II) provides a sterile environment for handling cell culture. To make the laminar flow hood ready for work, you need to do the following things:
- Open the door of the laminar flow hood half
- Clean the work surface on the laminar flow hood with 70% ethanol
- Close the door and switch on the UV light. UV light must be on at least 20 min. (generally 20 – 30 min)
- After 20 min turns the UV light off and starts the laminar airflow.
- Wait for 10 – 15 min.
- Anything you move inside the laminar flow hood must be sterile. For example, if you are moving the box of glass pipette, wipe the outer surface of the box with 70% ethanol. You must wipe the surface of all reagent bottles with 70% ethanol.
- Now place all reagents inside the laminar flow hood.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.