- Template independent DNA polymerase
- Also known as terminal transferase
- A member of the X family of DNA polymerase enzymes
- Add deoxynucleotides to the 3′ hydroxyl terminus of DNA molecules without any template requirement
Applications in molecular biology
- End labelling and probe preparation
- Creating T-vector for cloning
Motea & Berdis, 2010. Terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase: the story of a misguided DNA polymerase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1804(5), 1151-1166. PMID-19596089; Full-Text Links: sciencedirect, PMC2846215 (download PDF)
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.