- Isolated from the thermophilic eubacterium Thermus thermophilus HB8
- Optimum reaction temperature: 75 °C
- Optimum pH: ~9.0 (25 °C)
- Intrinsic reverse transcriptase (RT) activity
- 5′-3′ DNA polymerase
- lacks 3′-5′ exonuclease activity (proofreading)
- Perform both reverse transcription and DNA amplification at high temperature
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
- Labelling oligos and probe preparation
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.